Nuts and bolts are extremely important in connecting the essential parts of any machine or device. You may need this combo to hold other pieces of equipment even at your homes. A bolt has two distinct parts, including a shank and a head. The shank looks like a cylinder. The tail end is sufficiently long enough to fit into the Nut.
On the other hand, the head-on comes in different shapes according to the kind of job that it has to perform. On the other hand, the Nut has a threaded hole in it that is used to fasten the Bolt securely. This fastening system comes in different sizes, shapes, and forms. Here is a summary of all these forms and shapes that you can think of buying while completing a project.
The types of bolts
The bolts are classified according to their shapes as follows:
- Hexagonal-headed Bolt is the most used Bolt. They get their name due to the shape of the head that is hexagonal.
- Square-Headed Bolt has a square head to fit into the recess. The recess saves the Nut from unnecessary turning after it is screwed on or off. Once it is fitted, the head usually projects outwards. It has a neck of the square cross-section. Thus, it will not cause the Bolt to revolve unnecessarily. This kind of fastener is often used in the shafts.
- Cheese-Headed Bolt has projecting corners. There is limited space available to arrange the bolt-head. There is a pin in the shank that prevents the Bolt from rotating unnecessarily. There is a groove in the adjacent piece where the projecting parts fit in. this kind of nuts and bolts in australia is used in eccentrics and connectors.
- Round-Headed Bolt is needed when you do not require projecting, but the appearance matters. It includes a sung that was fitted on the shank. This prevents the Bolt from rotating, and so they stay in place.
- T-Headed Bolt is required to secure the vices, clamps, and other additions on the machine tools. The tables also include T-slots to get the T-heads. The neck is mostly square.
- Countersunk-Headed Bolt has a non-projected head. It has a snack or a neck to take care of unnecessary rotating.
The types of nuts
- Hexagonal Nut is the most common form of Nut that is generally used for fastening.
- Square Nut is used for the square-headed Bolt. The spanner is needed for tightening the nuts.
- Ring Nut is like a ring that includes slots. These nuts come in parts where one is like a lock for the other.
- Cap Nut is a hexagonal nut with a cylindrical cap fixed at the top. This is something that protects it from corrosion. It is great in places where you want to prevent leakages. It is great for vehicles that are likely to release too much smoke.
Capstan Nuthas holes drilled on its curved surface. It has a cylindrical body.